The Christmas Fair is back! Wynyard Hall will once again be transformed into a hub of local and regional bakers, crafters, designers and more, selling unique and hand crafted gifts that you won’t find on the high street.
Due to covid-19 we have made some changes to ensure the safest possible environment for our stall holders and visitors so please ensure you read the below information before you visit.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the most festive event of the year!
Tickets are advanced purchase only, tickets will not be available to purchase on the door. Tickets are available to purchase for a morning or afternoon time slot per day. Please do not arrive outside your time slot as you will not be able to gain access.
Adult tickets – £7
Concession and children (aged 4 – 13) tickets – £6
Children under 4 are free and do not need to purchase a ticket.
Proof of age may be requested on arrival.
This year, to ensure the safest possible environment for our stall holders and visitors we have put in place measures to restrict numbers and control crowds throughout the duration of the fair.
- Tickets are available for advance purchase only to ensure our capacity is never exceeded
- A morning and afternoon time slot has been implemented to control capacity even further
- A one way system will operate in both the Marquee and Hall
- We have reduced the number of exhibitors in each area to reduce bottlenecks and provide more space around stalls
- we have large outdoor spaces with outdoor seating to provide break out areas for any guest in need of space
Please note, this is a busy event and due to the nature of the historic building there are likely to be ques and crowding in some places therefore social distancing may not be possible at times. Please do not attend the fair if you are uncomfortable in this environment.
This year, The Grand Marquee will become a foodie’s heaven with the best local and independent traders selling ready to eat food such as The Crusty Pie Company, Geordie Banger’s, Fizz on the Tyne as well as your Christmas Fair favourites selling local produce to take home with you.
The Glass House will be open for lunch and dinner reservations as normal and we recommend booking a table in advance if you wish to dine with us. Diners will require a ticket to gain entry to the fair.
The Farm Shop & Cafe will also be open selling hot and cold drinks, snacks and a hot dish of the day. Please note disposable items are used in the cafe for the duration of the fair due to the high volume of visitors.
The Christmas Fair is accessible to wheel chair users and disabled parking is available outside the Marquee and Hall however please note an outdoor road connects the Hall and Marquee together that may not be preferable for some wheel chair users.
Due to the nature of our historic building, the event may be crowded in some areas which may not be comfortable for some guests.
- We recommend bringing cash as card machines are not available on site
- This is an outdoor event therefore appropriate footwear must be worn
- Dogs are permitted in the outside areas however not in the Hall or Marquee
- Free parking and disabled parking is available on site
- Advance tickets only, tickets are not available to purchase on the door