The Gardens at Wynyard Hall date back to 1623 and have endured many different stages in their development and restoration since. The most notable phase in the history of the gardens would be during the ownership of the 6th Marquess and in particular his wife, Lady Theresa Londonderry who were thought to bring the estate back to life after a period of decay and neglect. Theresa brought creative energy and vision to the development of the formal gardens. A garden album created by Lady Theresa in 1912, records in affectionate detail the gardens she created and adored. “It was she who made Wynyard” Wynyard Tenants, 1844.
Farmshop & Cafe
Filled with the finest locally sourced food and drink from the North-East, along with our estate-grown produce, the Farmshop is a celebration of artisanal suppliers and products. Perfect for lunch, the Café offers a light, airy space to catch up with friends over a selection of sandwiches, soups and salads.