Reindeer & Elf Trail
The Reindeer & Elf Trail (£4 per adult / £2 per child) will re-open on Boxing Day (11am – 3pm)
Come and meet Santa’s REAL Reindeer at Wynyard Hall! Stroke and feed** the beautiful Reindeer, who we are looking after until Christmas Eve…
- Meet and stroke Santa’s real reindeer in The Gardens (access is through the Visitors Centre)
- Reindeer food is available to purchase for £1 onsite.
- Reindeer feed contains nuts. If you have a severe, airborne nut allergy please contact the events team on 01741 644811 (option 6) to plan your visit.
- **Please do not feed anything else to the Reindeer as they will be unable to fly!!! Contrary to popular belief, Reindeer do not like carrots.
- The Elf Trail is a fun activity trail set along the 3km woodland walk. Not suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
- NOTE: This is an outdoor activity. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Food and refreshments are available to purchase in The Gardens Cafe, or bring your own picnic.
- Annual Pass holders can use their pass during this period at no extra cost and will have access to the Reindeer & Elf Trail (excludes 21st – 24th December).
- The Reindeer are returning to us on Boxing Day so that Santa can have a break after his long journey around the globe to deliver presents to all the good girls and boys! They will be here until New Years Eve, so you have an opportunity to say goodbye before they depart for the North Pole on 31st December.
*Winter Pass excludes 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th December and any special events in 2020 (e.g. Easter Egg Hunt). Click here to view the Enchanted Woodland Adventure, a magical, interactive family adventure that takes place 21st – 24th December. Winter pass holders receive a discount on entry to this special event.
In order to ensure everyone has a magical experience, we have staggered arrival times on peak weekend dates. Throughout the week, visitors can arrive anytime from 10am. Once onsite, visitors are welcome to stay until the Gardens close at 3pm. Hot and cold drinks are still available to purchase outside near the reindeer enclosure and the retail areas will still be open until 4pm.
All bookings are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable.